Little Dolphins Day Nursery is registered for children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years.
We operate an inclusion and equality policy and ensure that all children have access to nursery places and services irrespective of their gender, race, disability, religion or belief or sexual orientation of parents.
Prior to a child attending the nursery, parents must complete and sign a contract and registration form. This must be accompanied by a NON refundable registration fee of £60.00 and a refundable (only if one months written notice to leave is given) deposit of one weeks fees before their child starts at the nursery.
The registration form contains personal details about the child and their family including their name, date of birth, home address, emergency contact details, parental responsibilities, dietary requirements, collection arrangements, fees and sessions, contact details for parents, doctors contact details, health visitor contact details, allergies, parental consent, vaccinations, religion etc
The registration form also has a section for the parents to sign giving the Nursery permission to take their child on outings with the nursery (parents will always be informed of any outings), to administer medication if needed and for photos to be taken and used in the child’s learning journey and throughout the nursery. Parents will also be asked to sign an emergency treatment form giving the nursery permission to take their child to hospital for treatment in an emergency.
One months written notice is required if parents wish to decrease their child’s sessions and one months written notice is also required if parents wish to cancel their child’s place at the nursery.
We would recommend that parents settle their children into the nursery prior to them starting at the nursery, this will help them to become more familiar with their key person and with the nursery surroundings and meet their new friends. This will be discussed in further detail prior to their child starting.
Parents will also be given a copy of our menus, bank holiday closure dates and policies and procedures via email.
- Fees are payable from the child’s first week of attendance
- All fees are payable either on the first day of the child’s week, if paying weekly, or on the 1st of the month if paying monthly. Late fees will incur a £5 additional charge
- Constant fee defaulter will be removed from our register and their place will be offered to another person on the waiting list
- If your child is sick or on holiday then the fees for that time are to be paid ASAP on your child’s return to the nursery
- A £60 NON refundable registration fee is payable when the registration form and contract are returned to the nursery along with a refundable deposit of one weeks fees for each child being registered. The deposit will be returned on leaving the nursery providing one months written notice is given before the child leaves our care
- Payment can be made either by cash, cheque made payable to ‘Little Dolphins Day Nursery Limited’, or BACS(please ask the Manager for more details)
- Any returned cheques unpaid will incur an administration fee charge of £20. If this action is continuous parents will be asked to pay for their fees by cash or in another form.
Parents will be notified of any increase to fees. This will be reviewed annually.
- The nursery is open between 7am to 6.30pm
- Please be punctual in collecting your child from the nursery
- The latest time for a child to be collected from the nursery is 6.30pm to allow staff to prepare to close the building up for the night
- If you are delayed in collecting your child, a late collection fee of £5 for every 5 minutes will be charged
- If after 45 minutes and your child is not collected, and we have not heard from you, and we have tried to contact all emergency contacts without success, we shall inform the Children’s Social Services or any other appropriate body.